Jacksonville Criminal Defense LawyerLufrano Legal, P.A. is a law firm in Jacksonville Florida owned and operated by Matthew Ian Lufrano. An attorney Board-Certified in Criminal Trial Law.
Best Criminal Defense Law Firm in Jacksonville, FL
There may be little in life as frightening and confusing as being arrested and prosecuted. In such an uncertain time, you need the help of experienced criminal defense attorney who is not only well-prepared to assist you but who also care about you. You need Lufrano Legal, P.A.
Dedicated Criminal Defense Lawyers
Lufrano Legal, P.A., is a criminal defense firm committed to defending clients facing criminal prosecution at the pre-trial, trial, and if needed the sentencing stages of the criminal process. Regardless of the circumstances of your case, Mr. Lufrano has the skill and experience to vigorously defend you. After all, Mr. Lufrano is an attorney certified by the Florida Bar as an experts in his respective practice area, namely Criminal Trial Law.
No matter whether my clients have been charged with a misdemeanor or felony offense, each client receives a comprehensive defense and my complete dedication. I work closely with our clients to ensure they understand every aspect of their case and develop a personalized strategy that will meet their unique needs. When you’re a client of Lufrano Legal, P.A., you will always know the status of your case at any given moment, have a voice in every decision, and know what to expect throughout the pretrial, trial, and post-trial stages of criminal prosecution.
Free Initial Consultation
Expert in Criminal Trial Law
Trust in Our Criminal Defense Experience
Matthew Lufrano has been practicing criminal defense for over a decade and has tried 75 jury trials to verdict. The cases Mr. Lufrano has tried range from homicide to theft, and have successfully argued appeals before the Florida Supreme Court. Here at Lufrano Legal, P.A., we offer our clients the highest possible quality of legal representation in the face of criminal arrests and the filing of formal criminal charges. Regardless of whether this is the first time you have been arrested or you have a criminal record, Lufrano Legal, P.A. can provide the expert counsel you need and determine your best course of action.
Whether you’re facing a felony, misdemeanor, or juvenile prosecution, you can always turn to Lufrano Legal, P.A., for help. The firm proudly represent clients from across Northeast Florida, including Duval, Clay, Nassau, St. Johns, Putnam, Baker, Bradford, and Alachua counties.
Lufrano Legal, P.A. Criminal Defense Law Practice Areas
At Lufrano Legal, P.A., we provide expert legal representation to our Jacksonville-area clients in these criminal defense practice areas and more:
Call Our Jacksonville Criminal Defense Attorneys
Too often, clients are unable to reach their attorneys when they need them most. At Lufrano Legal, P.A., we don’t limit our clients’ access to our help by not being available outside of office hours—we are always available to every client and we will respond quickly when you need us or have questions about your case.
Because arrests can occur at any time, our office is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We offer free, no-obligation consultations, so don’t hesitate to contact us if you or a loved one has recently been arrested, sentenced, or served with an injunction.
Learn more about Lufrano Legal, P.A., and why you should choose us, then call us at 904-513-3905 for your criminal defense needs. We’re here around the clock, ready to help guide you through the criminal justice system and ensure your rights are protected.
Florida Bar Board-Certified Attorneys Are Evaluated for Professionalism and Tested for Expertise.
Our Recent Criminal Defense Articles
You probably know it’s to your advantage to hire an experienced Jacksonville...
When you think about mental health and criminal defense, the first thing that...
If you’ve been charged with a crime or believe you are about to be charged...
“Called Matt this afternoon. He was able to respond to questions I had right away. Professional and being that he is very pleasant to speak with, took the edge off having to seek help. Thanks for everything you do! Highly recommend.”
Jacksonville Criminal Defense Attorney FAQs
If you’ve been accused, arrested, or charged with a crime in Jacksonville, it’s important to learn as much as you can about how a criminal defense attorney can protect your rights and what to expect from the process. The following are some of the questions we hear most frequently from our clients, but if you have questions that are not answered here, please do not hesitate to call us at 904-513-3905.
How can a Jacksonville criminal defense attorney help me?
- Investigate the facts of your case and analyze the prosecutor’s case
- Gather evidence
- Gather statements from witnesses
- File a motion to suppress evidence and/or statements
- File a motion to dismiss charges
- Advise you regarding your rights
- Advise you regarding potential sentencing outcomes
- Secure expert witnesses if necessary
- Negotiate with prosecutors for outcomes such as reduced bail, charges or sentences
- Assert a defense at trial
At Lufrano Legal, P.A., we make sure that you understand every aspect of your case at each phase of the criminal process. One of our attorneys is always on call and available to speak with you any time of day or night, any day of the week.
What should I look for in a criminal defense lawyer?
- How long have you practiced criminal law?
- Is criminal defense your firm’s main focus or a sideline?
- Have you handled cases similar to mine? If so, what were some of the outcomes?
- How often do your criminal law cases go to trial?
- Who will work on my case?
- How often will we communicate?
- Can I reach you whenever I need to?
- Do you charge an hourly rate or a flat rate?
- Will there be other expenses I will have to pay for?
If I want to plead guilty, do I still need a criminal defense attorney?
What rights do I have when I have been arrested?
- The right to remain silent.
- The right to know the crimes with which you have been charged
- The right to have an attorney with you at every critical stage of the prosecution.
- The right to cross-examine the witnesses against you.
- The right to present witnesses on your own behalf.
- The right to access all of the evidence that the state intends to use against you.
- The right to a jury trial.
What is arraignment?
- Advising you of the charges against you.
- Advising you of the minimum and maximum penalties of the charges.
- Asking how you wish to plea.
- Setting dates for future proceedings.
At your arraignment hearing, you will be asked to enter a plea, which must be one of these formal responses:
- Not guilty, which means you are denying that you committed the crime with which you are being charged.
- Guilty, which is your admission that you committed the crime with which you are charged and that you are willing to accept the penalties imposed by the court.
- No contest (or nolo contendere), which means you are not denying or admitting that you committed the crime, but are asking that the court resolve the matter. A plea of no contest is often associated with plea agreements.
Can’t I just represent myself in a criminal case?
If there is a possibility that you may serve time for your crime, we strongly recommend that you have legal representation. Keep in mind that even in the case of a less serious offense, a criminal defense attorney will be able to advise you about consequences that may arise in the future, such as higher insurance rates or affects on a professional license.
Can I see the evidence against me?
How much will it cost to hire a criminal defense attorney?
What is a plea agreement?
What is the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony?
While the consequences of a misdemeanor are not as severe as those of a felony, it is still important to have expert criminal defense. A criminal defense attorney can ensure your rights are fully protected and guide you through every stage of the criminal process. You can learn more about our experience representing clients who have been charged with a crime by calling 904-513-3905. The firm of Lufrano Legal, P.A. is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to take your call.